The Lakehead Social Planning Council (LSPC) provides dynamic leadership for social change and is dedicated to building a better community through strategic alliances, social research, and the provision of valid, reliable information. LSPC is the 211-service provider in Northern Ontario and delivers poverty reduction programs that include: Information and Referral, Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), Phones for Families, the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), Affordable Access Program (Transit).
Community Resource Specialist
- Responds to incoming Ontario 211 system contacts (telephone, email, chat, text).
- Provides information and referral services while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Conducts assessments to determine inquirer needs.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals based on the needs of the inquirer.
- Uses resource database(s) to locate referrals.
- Offers follow-up and advocacy as mandated by agency protocol
- Uses effective crisis intervention skills when/where appropriate.
- Documents inquirer activity thoroughly and as mandated.
- Represents agency in the community through outreach activities, public presentations, and committee participation.
- Answers Ontario 211 Specialty Lines.