Community Volunteer Income Tax Clinic
The LSPC administers a volunteer income tax clinic on behalf of the Canada Revenue Agency. Returns are completed using UFile software and are e-filed. The program accepts income taxes year-round and is able to complete multiple years (up to 10 years).
Dates / Hours
End of February to Mid May: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 2pm
Mid May to End of February: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm
- $30,000 Single Person
- $40,000 Couple
- $35,000 One Adult with Child
- $2,500 Each Additional Dependent
- $1,000 Interest Income
Income Tax Returns are NOT Prepared for…
- Deceased Persons
- Individuals filing for Bankruptcy
- Self Employed Individuals
- Individuals reporting Capital Gains/Losses
- Individuals with Business Expenses
- Business and Rental Income and Expenses
- Do you have a simple return and is your income under $20,000.00?
You could file your income tax online for free using Ufile.
What you need to bring…
- Your 2016 Income Tax Assessment and 2016 Income Tax Summary and
- proof of identity from the taxpayer before you prepare their return. Proof of identity should:
- be valid
- be government issued
- include a photo
- Employment and Pension (T4,T4A)
- Interest, Investment (T3, T5)
- Social Assistance, WSIB (T5009)
- Universal Child Care Benefits (RC62)
- Alimony/Child Support received or made
- Other income earned (with no expenses)
- Medical Expenses
- Tuition (T2202A)
- Safety Deposit Box
- Child Fitness & Extracurricular Program Registration Fees
- Rent/Property Taxes
- Bus Passes for employment
- CRA Disability Certificate (One time only)
To receive the above and other credits such as the Federal Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB), Federal GST/HST and the Provincial Ontario Trillium Benefit (OTB), you must file your 2015 Income Tax by April 30th!
We are completing all intakes on a computerized system this year and our forms will be automatically generated, however if you are part of an organization assisting individuals to complete their taxes you can download the forms below and drop them off to our office.