Call for Proposal for Reaching Home Funding from Service Canada’s Homelessness Strategy: Reaching Home
December 9, 2019
Lakehead Social Planning Council
- Introduction & Background
The Lakehead Social Planning Council (LSPC) is accepting proposals in response to this Request for Proposal in order to find organizations/agencies to provide projects that will fall under the Reaching Home Directives (found at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/homelessness/directives.html).
Our goal is to:
- Fund projects/programs that fall under Reaching Home Directives.
- Fund projects/programs that will lead to a reduction in homelessness or to reduce the risk of homelessness.
- Submission Guidelines & Requirements
The following submission guidelines & requirements apply to this Request for Proposal:
- Submissions must be in English or French.
- Submissions must support Canada’s Reaching Home Directives
- A proposal must be provided that is not more than six (6) pages. This proposal must provide an overview of the proposed program/project, as well as a breakdown of all work being performed, including any appropriate indicators. In addition, the proposal should provide a proposed budget, including a breakdown of all costs, as well as a schedule and milestones, as applicable.
- Proposals must be signed by an authorized representative of the organization/agency.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- Proposals must be received prior to Friday, January 30 at 5:00 pm EST to be considered.
**The LSPC anticipates selecting at least two or more organizations/companies to have more in-depth discussions with, and will make an award to one or more of these applicants.**
- RFP & Project Timelines
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
|Request for Proposal Issuance
December 10, 2019
|Selection of Top Applicants / Notification to Unsuccessful Applicants
February 13, 2020
|Start of Negotiation
March 1, 2020
|Contract Award / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders
April 1, 2020
**The date for project completion is March 31, 2022.**
LSPC’s budget for the total for all two-year projects is $462,859
The Evaluation Committee will rate the proposals based on the following factors:
- Budget, including a total breakdown of costs
- b) Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in this Request for Proposal