Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) was developed by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) with input from electric and gas utilities, consumer associations and social service agencies. There are three components to the program to assist low-income customers:
- Emergency financial assistance fund
- Targeted conservation programs
- More flexible customer service rules.
For more information on the LEAP program, visit the OEB’s website.
The Lakehead Social Planning Council will determine eligibility. To be eligible for a grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an existing residential customer of Hydro One or Thunder Bay Hydro
- Reside at the address for which there are arrears on the electricity bill
Have a pre-tax household income at or below the Statistics Canada Low-Income Cut-off + 15%